Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Big day tomorrow

Tomorrow is Riley's 12th birthday. I cannot believe that she is turning 12 and going into Young Womens. I guess I can officially join the "old bags" club. That is the club where you start to look wrinkled, lumpy, your patience and memory is totally gone, and EVERYTHING heads south. OOOOH quick sign me up! My brother will sometimes tease his older sisters and call them "baggage claim". I think that basically means that they are an "old bag".

Riley is very excited to leave primary and move on to bigger and better things. Her birthday is just in time to miss singing in the primary program, which she is NOT sad about. I think she was a little embarrassed when the primary kids sang in sacrament meeting for Father's Day and she was at least a head taller then all the kids. They were also doing the actions to the song, "I'm so glad when daddy comes home." She just stood there smiling, with red cheeks and arms folded. I am the Laurels advisor and so I will be able to see her at YW on Sunday and Tuesday. I am excited, but it's not always "cool" to have your mom around when you are growing up. Hopefully she is excited too.

Riley is going to have a party on Friday with some of her friends from school. They are going to go swimming at the athletic club in town. She is pretty excited about it. Especially since she has a little crush on one of the boys! Scandelous. Good thing she doesn't read this blog or she would kill me.

3 comments:

Tai said...

Happy Birthday to Riley!! I just love that girl. Tell her as soon as we are millionaires we will be neighbors once again!!! That would be a dream come true!! We sure missed you guys this weekend. Hope all is going well for you.

Jill said...

I think Riley and Joel are birthday twins! What a special day....

Riley said...

Hi Mom this is Riley. You'd think that I dont read this. Well......U think U R so funny