Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My hilarious bad dream... H O P E it doesn't come true

Okay, I just recently received an e-mail from a girl that I went to high school with. The e-mail stated that next year will be our 20 year class reunion. 20 years...ouch. That means I am an old fart.

Hearing about the upcoming reunion majorly pushed my panic button. To say that I need to lose a few pounds is a HUGE (pun intended) understatement. The fact that I need to lose some weight was already on my mind, so yes, the e-mail freaked me out a little. Having that on my mind one night, I fell asleep and had the most random dream......

I dreamt that it was the night of my class reunion. All of my class mates were in the building eating dinner and enjoying themselves. I, on the other hand, was out jogging in the parking lot. I had huge pit rings and my hair was totally drenched with sweat. I didn't want to go in until I had lost a few more pounds. It was kind of like one of those dreams where you are TOTALLY unprepared for something. (a test, a pageant, a talk in church, you name it.) (Don't ask me why I said pageant...I've never been in a pageant and never will be. But, I HAVE had dreams that I am in a pageant and am NOT the least bit prepared.)

The next morning when I told John what I had dreamt, he looked at me like I was a total NUT JOB. Why do women care so much about things like that?

Hopefully in the next several months I will be successful in reaching my goal. Cross your fingers and say a little prayer for me! :)

5 comments:

Heather Davies said...

hahaha, that's funny! It is silly what women worry about, but you can't help it. I wish I was in Idaho so that we could motivate each other with a little wog. :) But really, you are beautiful at any weight!

John said...

Prayer said that you'll quit being a nut job! Love your sexy buns!
- JO

Emily said...

That is hilarious dream Heidi! I think you should be a member of my family. We are notorious for crazy dreams. We should compare notes sometime. Just ask Kevin......
Why is there pressure for the class reunion anyway? I didn't go to mine b/c I was 9 mos. pregnant. Who cares, I probably should have gone. You are beautiful with or without the weight loss, so don't sweat the small stuff or sweat in the parking lot during the class reunion.
I thought you may have mentioned a trip without kids in the near future....possibly to Florida??

Peterson Pack of Wild Dogs said...

I love that you dream so radomly and even more funny is that you had pit rings. It just adds to the drama of the dream. The little details. I love that John calls you hot buns too. I'll bet you are just as cute and in great shape as you were in Indy. Don't stress girl--enjoy it! Oh, and you could totally be in a pageant. I don't believe that you haven't been in one either.

Curtis & Nichole said...

Don't you just love those helpless dreams.....atleast in your dream you weren't in your birthday suit and trying to run fast but can't....right:)
hehe (Those are awful dreams :0)